Chilled tomato and bread soup
A chilled soup perfect for summer.
- Into a large mixing bowl add the chopped the tomatoes, red onion and garlic cloves.
- Add the chunks of baguette, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss together well. Pour over the boiling water, cover bowl with a clean tea towel and leave to soften for 1 hour.
- Add the sherry vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Blitz the mixture in food processor until smooth and creamy. Chill well.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, spoon into bowls and garnish with a crouton and thin slice of tomato.