Yellow and red tomato, haloumi and olive pizza
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 Tbsp||Active dried yeast|
|2 tsp||Olive oil, (plus an additional Tbs)|
|1 cup||Water, (lukewarm)|
|400 g||Plain flour|
- To make the dough, mix the yeast, salt, sugar, first measure of olive oil and water together then leave in a warm place until it become frothy.
- Add the flour and knead for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Grease a bowl with remaining olive oil, add the dough, cover and place somewhere warm until doubled in size approximately 1 hour.
- Knock back the dough and roll out to required size. Lay on a greased oven tray or a hot pizza stone.
- To make the sauce, scald the tomatoes, peel then roughly chop. Heat the olive oil, add the onion, chilli and garlic, then the tomatoes.
- Add the thyme, season and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until a thick sauce develops.
- Spread the dough with the sauce then top with halved and whole cherry tomatoes, Parmesan, sliced haloumi and olives.
- Bake in a hot oven for approximately 20 minutes.