Crispy skinned salmon caesar
|1 to brush||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Parmesan cheese, plus extra for the salad|
|2 fillets||Salmon, (150g each), skin on and boned|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|½ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|3 tsp||Red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp||Lemon juice|
|2 handfuls||Baby cos lettuce|
- To make the dressing: boil the eggs for 5 minutes then put under running water until cool to touch.
- Peel and put in the bowl of a food processor with the garlic, anchovy, mustard and lemon juice.
- Puree until smooth and creamy then add the vinegar and parmesan.
- With the engine running very slowly pour in the oil then taste to check seasoning. Pour into a jar and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Thinly slice the French bread and brush with oil.
- Lay on oven trays and bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Heat a fry pan, pour in a little olive oil, season the salmon and cook skin side first, leaving for approximately 4 minutes before turning and cooking for a further 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of each fillet.
- To assemble, toss the cos in a little dressing and arrange with the croutons and broken-up pieces of salmon.
- Drizzle over more dressing and add freshly shaved parmesan.