Bitter chocolate, almond and cognac cake
Score some brownie points by whipping up this delicious dessert for your Valentine.
|130 g||Dark chocolate, (darkest bitter chocolate available)|
|½ Tbsp||Espresso coffee, (or use instant coffee powder mixed with 2 tsp water)|
|120 g||Ground almonds|
|1 to serve||Cream|
- Preheat oven to 150C. Grease and line the cake tin.
- In a double boiler add the chocolate, butter, cognac, zest (from 1 orange), espresso, sugar and almonds.
- Heat until melted, stirring occasionally until smooth and well combined.
- Add the yolks and mix well. Whisk the whites until stiff and fold through the mixture.
- Pour into the tin and bake for approximately 40 minutes. Serve with softly whipped cream.