Grilled corn on the cob with garlic-herb butter
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
To enjoy sweetcorn at its best, look for cobs still encased in their green husks, with pale brown silk tassels.
- Place the softened butter in a small bowl, then mix in the garlic and herbs.
- Form the butter into a 5cm-diameter cylinder shape by rolling it in baking paper or plastic wrap.
- Chill it in the fridge until firm, then slice into neat rounds. This butter freezes well.
- To cook the corn, preheat a barbecue grill or ridged griddle pan/plate. Rub the cobs with the oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on the hot grill for 10-15 minutes, turning regularly.
- Serve the corn with the butter and lots of parmigiano reggiano and black pepper.