BBQ Vegetables with grilled feta
( SERVES 6 )
The salty feta adds a hint of creaminess, or haloumi can be used instead.
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon zest|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame seeds|
|1 Tbsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|2||Garlic cloves, sliced|
|1||Golden kumara, sliced|
|1||Red capsicum, deseeded and cut into rings|
|1||Yellow capsicum, deseeded and cut into rings|
|1||Red onion, sliced|
|1 bunch||Cherry tomatoes, vine-ripened|
|150 g||Feta, hard|
|100 g||Rocket leaves, to serve|
- Combine the oil, lemon zest, sesame seeds, mustard and garlic in a screw-top jar and shake well.
- Preheat the BBQ. Spray the prepared vegetables with oil and cook over a medium-low heat for 5-8 minutes until tender and well-coloured.
- Pour over most of the flavoured oil and cook a minute more to toast the sesame seeds.
- Cut the feta into thick slices and brush with a little of the leftover oil.
- Cook for 1 minute until warm and softened. Serve the vegetables on rocket leaves and garnish with the feta.