Whole roasted fish with shellfish and spicy tomato fumet
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC.
- Run a sharp knife lightly down the length of the fish twice on each side to create score marks, this will help it to cook evenly and stops the skin from tearing during cooking.
- Mix together the oregano and lemon in a small bowl with the salt and pepper
- Divide the mix in two and stuff the gut cavity of each fish. Place the fish on to a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until cooked.
Shellfish and Spicy Tomato Fumet
- Heat the olive oil to a shimmer in a saucepan. Add the shallots and saute for 4 minutes or until the shallots are translucent.
- In a large saucepan, combine the shallots, wine and chilli and bring to the boil.
- Add the shellfish and steam, covered, for 4-5 minutes until all the shellfish have opened - discard any that remain closed. Remove the shellfish from the saucepan and set aside.
- Bring the liquid used to cook the shellfish to the boil and add the remaining ingredients, stirring until well combined and a rich sauce is created. Remove from the heat.