The best slider buns
( SERVES 8 )
Best eaten on the same day but buns can be revived the day after or from the freezer if need be by splashing buns in a little water and placing in a hot oven for 5 to 6 minutes.
Makes 16 buns.
- Place flour, water, yeast, salt, garlic, rosemary and 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a mixer.
- Mix on low speed for 25 minutes using a dough hook. Turn mixer onto high speed for 30 to 60 seconds, being careful not to overload the machine. Hold on to the mixer as you do this as it will probably jump around a bit. Turn down the power when you sense the machine straining.
- Turn out the dough into a large mixing bowl, greased with olive oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot for 1 ½ hours or until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 230 degC. Tip the proved dough on to a bench and divide into 80g pieces.
- Roll dough into balls and place on a baking paper lined tray. Brush with a little olive oil and place in a warm place to prove for a further 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place bread into oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with remaining olive oil.