Apple and plum crumble
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Grant Allen
- Toast the walnuts at 200C for 5 minutes. Chop roughly.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together between your fingers.
- Work in the slightly softened butter, rub together with your fingers.
- Once you have a crumbly mix you are done. Peel and chop up the apples into hunks.
- Slice the plums in half and take the stones out.
- Fill an ovenproof dish about half-full with the fruit mixture.
- Sprinkle with a few tbsp of sugar and water.
- Then cover with crumble mix but not too tightly.
- Bake at 180C for 45 minutes.
- Check the fruit is cooked by spearing it with a small knife. If not, turn down and keep cooking.
- The crumble should be crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with custard, cream or vanilla ice cream.