Crispy-skinned bream with spiced kumara
( SERVES 4 )
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Brush the kumara with olive oil and roast whole in the oven for 30 minutes until soft.
- In a dry frying pan, toast the cumin and coriander seeds until they’re fragrant.
- Crush the seeds in a mortar and pestle (or spice grinder) to a fine powder.
- Add the chilli powder, mix and sprinkle over the roasted kumara. Roughly smash into chunks.
- Season the bream fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan until near smoking point and place the bream fillets in, skin side down.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the flesh whitens and the skin crisps up.
- Break each fillet in half and serve on top of the spicy kumara.
- Garnish with coriander, cucumber and yoghurt mixed with lime juice and a little salt.