Jasmine risotto with prawns
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Add the jasmine tea to the chicken stock. Place in a pot and heat gently.
- In another large pot heat the oil and butter.
- Add the onions and garlic. Saute in the pot until softened.
- Stir in the rice and toss through until heated and slightly toasted but not browned.
- Pour in the wine and let it be absorbed. Add 1 cup of stock at a time and stir until it has evaporated.
- Continue the process ensuring the rice is always just covered. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, then the prawns and cook until the asparagus is still crunchy and the prawns are bright pink.
- Stir the Parmesan cheese through.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of parsley.