Deli chicken salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tamara West
A simple salad enhanced by using plenty of fresh herbs.
|½||Lime, zest and juice|
|2 Tbsp||Capers, drained from brine and chopped|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||French tarragon, chopped, if available or use snipped chives|
- Place the lime zest and juice, capers and garlic in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the olive oil, then the herbs. Season with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Alternatively, place all ingredients in a clean screw-top jar and shake well before using.
- Cook the baby potatoes in lightly salted boiling water until just tender, about 15 minutes, then drain well.
- Cut in half, place in a large bowl and pour over the dressing.
- Steam the asparagus until bite tender. Remove and place in with the cooked potatoes.
- Remove the skin and bones from the cooked chicken and pull the meat into even-sized pieces (shreds), ones that are easily eaten with a fork.
- Toss chicken through the potatoes and asparagus and serve with a green salad.