Potato, bacon, kale(or broccoli or leek) soup
( MAKES approx 10 lunch size portions of soup )
Fairly quick to make and easy to portion out and freeze for taking to work as winter lunches
- My measurements are approx only and you may want to vary according to taste. Potatoes can be added to increase thickness if the soup appears to watery. I also make variations of this recipe using leek or broccoli instead of kale
- In a large stock pot put the butter and chopped bacon (while peeling spuds) and add some salt and pepper
- Once you've peeled and chopped spuds add to stock pot and stir. Allow a bit of colour to get on the potatoes then chuck in the garlic and chicken stock. I add additional water if required to cover potatoes and let simmer.
- When potato is partially soft add the kale leaves and continue to simmer till leaves are partially soft.
- Using the blender blend everything till smooth. Return to pot and add additional salt and pepper if required to personal taste. Should be a fairly bright green.