Reader recipe: Refreshing Guilt Free Green Salad
( SERVES 4 )
This recipe is light, refreshing and most importantly - guilt free! These are all ingredients that you will find in your cupboard and perfect for a summers day!
|½ head||Broccoli, cut into small florets|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|1 tsp||Lemon pepper|
|1 whole||Courgette, sliced|
|1 cup||Frozen peas|
|½ medium||Cucumber, sliced and quatered|
|75 g||Feta, crumbed|
|⅓ cup||Sunflower seeds, toasted|
|¼ cup||Pumpkin seeds, toasted|
Honey Mustard Vinegarette
- Mix oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, honey and lemon together. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Drizzle a small dash of olive oil in a spacepan and allow pan to get very hot - quickly fry off the brocolli with the Lemon Pepper & Paprika until slightly charred. The brocolli should still be slightly crunchy. Remove and repeat for courgette until slightly charred. This should be cooked seperately because they take different amount of times to get the right consistency.
- Toast both sunflower seeds and pumkin seeds until slightly browned. This will release the flavours of the seeds and give an earth flavour and a crunch to the saland. Be careful not to burn.
- Combine all ingrediants together in a bowl to combine salad. Drizzle dressing through the salad
- This salad can be served immediately or can be chilled a served cold; main or a side salad