Banana caramel crumble
( SERVES 6 )
The desert is delicious in summer or winter and can be served hot or cold with cream or icecream
- Heat oven to 180C. Butter baking dish in preparation.
- Peel bananas and slice. Place butter in a microwave-proof dish. Cover and melt on high in microwave for 30 seconds. Add sugar and cream, stir to combine. Place in microwave and cook on high for 11/2-2 minutes., or until slightly thickened, stirring once during cooking.
- Add bananas and passion fruit and gently coat in the sauce.
- Place rolled oats, flour and baking powder in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter and process until crumb-like. Spoon crumble over fruit and spread evenly, sprinkle sliced almonds on the top before placing in the oven.
- Place in microwave for 3 minutes before transferring to the heated oven. Bake in oven on 380C for 20-30 minutes until crisp and lightly browned.
- Serve with whipped cream or icecream. It is delicious hot or cold, summer or winter. Serves 5-6.