Bacon and onion macaroni
( SERVES 4 )
A delicious twist on an old family favourite, Bacon & Onion Macaroni takes less than 20 minutes to prepare yet has all the flavour and appeal of a much longer and more involved recipe. If you want a referral, just ask the kids!
|1 sachet||Soup mix, Bacon & Onion|
|½ cup||High grade flour|
|1 tsp||Mixed herbs|
|2 cups||Grated cheese|
Alternatives & Extras
- Put oil, onion salt and pasta in a large microwave proof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Cover the top of the bowl with cling wrap. Microwave on medium power for 5 minutes
- While the microwave is cooking, grate the cheese. Place in a mixing bowl and add all dry ingredients. Toss to combine - the cheese will end up coated in the seasoning.
- Take the pasta from the microwave and temporarily remove the cling film. WARNING!!! VERY HOT STEAM!!! Stir the pasta well. If adding chopped bacon, do so now. Re-cover and return to the microwave. Microwave on medium power for 5 minutes again.
- Check Pasta is cooked. If not, simply stir and return to the microwave. Microwave on medium power for 5 minutes max.
- Remove cling film and add milk to hot pasta. Stir. Add the cheese and flavourings and stir in well.
- Microwave a further 2 minutes on high to ensure the cheese is thoroughly melted. Garnish with breadcrumb and serve.