Beef Marsala stroganoff
( SERVES 4 )
I am in the process of creating a family cookbook with 3 generations of family favourites and my two sons and their partners have insisted that I include this recipe which is one the family all time favourites! If ever I asked the boys what they wanted for tea it was always this one.
- Season flour with salt & pepper to taste and paprika.
- Cut preferred beef in thin strips and coat with seasoned flour.
- Melt butter and oil together in a large heavy based pan and brown the seasoned beef strips. Remove from pan and set aside.
- De-glaze pan with Marsala or red wine and reduce by half. Add beef stock and bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
- Add beef back to pan and mix through. Add mushrooms and simmer gently until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add sour cream and mix through and simmer until sauce has thicken slightly. Add finely chopped parsley, reserving a small amount for serving.
- Serve on hot steaming Basmati rice and sprinkle over with reserved parsley. If extra veges desired, served with steaming hot beans or asparagus dressed with lemon infused olive oil.
- This recipe can also be adapted to use lamb or venison: Venison use red wine not Marsla.