Meal planner: Ready, prep, go
Healthy meals and stress-free prepping tips from New world.
Planning ahead in the kitchen saves you time, money and reduces waste – all great reasons to get organised. Take five and relax; we have a working week full of easy, nutritious meals as well as prepping tips to save you time and tips for your leftovers so that nothing goes to waste.
Prepping tips from the New World fresh experts:
- Cut vege the night before if steaming or stir frying. Vege like beans, broccoli and asparagus are wonderful cold so make extra and use to make a layered salad (see recipe) for lunch the next day.
- Have all of your meat spiced, marinated and ready to go in your fridge ahead of time.
- Cook extra rice, it reheats well and can be stir fried with any vege you have to make a simple fried rice.
- Utilise your oven as much as possible – while it is cooking your salmon you can be steaming vege or making a salad.
- Work out a logical order for your meals, enabling you to prep elements for several meals where possible.
Monday: Layered summer salad
Tuesday: Summer fattoush
Wednesday: Salmon hotdogs
Thursday: Couscous with summer vegetables