Mexican Without The Mess
This month, Mexican fans can get their hands on the Old El Paso Tortilla Pockets™ tortillas with a bottom so all your favourite fillings stay inside, without any mess!
Get the family together for the ultimate mess-free Mexican meal using the new Old El Paso Tortilla Pocket™ kits complete with your favourite Old El Paso™ spice mix and salsa.
Or come up with your own mess-free creation using the Old El Paso Tortilla Pocket™ 8 pack, ready to be filled to the brim with your favourite morsels, no matter how messy.
To celebrate the launch of the Old El Paso Tortilla Pockets™, Old El Paso have partnered with family-friendly foodie Jana Macpherson (AKA The Macpherson Diaries), to share her 'Better with a Bottom' Crispy Chicken Tortilla Pockets recipe.
Jana Macpherson, aka The Macpherson Diaries, poses near her beautiful Arrowtown home. Photo / supplied.
About Jana (@the_macpherson_diaries): Jana lives in gorgeous Arrowtown with her two children, Hunter (5) and River (3), Husband Hamish, and two fur babies. She runs a successful food and lifestyle blog, The MacPherson Diaries, and adores making great food and capturing it with stunning images.
Jana's 'Better with a Bottom' Crispy Chicken Tortilla Pockets
- 1/2 Red onion
- 2 tablespoon White vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
Slice your onions, add vinegar & white sugar, stir and set aside.
Coriander sour cream
- 200 grams Sour cream
- 1 handful Coriander
- ½ Lemon/lime (juice)
- 1 clove Garlic
- Whizz together with a hand whizz or food processor. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Set aside.
- 1 avocado, diced (use red pepper depending on season)
- 200 grams tomato, diced
- ½ cup coriander, leaves sliced
- ½ lemon
- salt & Pepper
- Chilli flakes optional
- Mix all ingredients together, squeeze over the lemon juice and taste, adjust seasoning if needed
- 200g Corn chips
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 Chicken breasts, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons Oil for frying
- In the food processor, blitz the corn chips until breadcrumb fine, place on a plate
- Place 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Season your flour and put on a plate
- To crumb, dip the chicken in the flour, then egg then crumb then onto a clean plate
- When ready to cook, fry in oil until crispy and cooked through. Season with a little more salt and place on a paper towel while you prepare the other ingredients
- Heat Old El Paso Tortilla Pockets in microwave or oven, fill with chicken, salsa and onions.
- Drizzle with sour cream and serve! I also serve hot sauce on the side for adults, or adventurous small people!
The Old El Paso Tortilla Pocket™ Kits and Old El Paso Tortilla Pocket™ 8 packs will be available for purchase from your local supermarket from the 17th August. Old El Paso Tortilla Pocket™ Kits RRP: $6.90. Old El Paso Tortilla Pocket™ 8 packs RRP: $5.99.