Louise Thompson: Refresh your health goals for summer
Last week we looked at adding a generous dollop of planning along with the sunscreen to make for an optimum summer. This week your mission is to use this summer on-ramp time to refresh your health goals. In winter we hibernate and hunker down. It’s a natural process, driven by the season, both biologically and psychologically. We tend to withdraw a bit socially, eat a bit too much comfort food and wear way too much black.
Feeling the sun’s rays on our skin once again brings a natural inclination to look at our body and how we are treating it. It’s an inspiration beneficial to harness, so this week dedicate a little time to refreshing your health goals for summer.
- What’s great about your health and wellbeing right now? What’s going well?
- What healthy habits do you have already that you are committed to continuing even when it’s the crazy busy few weeks before Christmas and the weather is amazing and you have been invited to four barbecues? What’s non-negotiable for you?
- Which aspects of your health are not where you want them to be right now?
- Which one or two of these bother you enough that you are committed to taking action about them? (If it’s a long list, that’s fine, just pick the one/two that bothers you most and address that with focus and commitment. Don’t try to do everything.)
- What are you going to do differently to address them?
- What do you need to decide about your time and resources to make the change you desire happen?
- Do you need to ask for any additional support or resources to make that happen? (Babysitter? New trainers? Meditation course?)
Summer is a time where it is happily so much easier to get up earlier, exercise outdoors, eat lighter foods and so on. We have such an amazing tailwind with health and wellbeing in summer — an effortless push from Mother Nature to be our healthiest best. All we need to do is get on board with our own summer health reset, starting today.
Life coach Louise Thompson helps people unlock their happiest and healthiest life. Find more at louisethompson.com