Summer loving series: Tips for sizzling self care
Ah, the smell of summertime in the air. Don’t you just love the feeling as the days get longer and warmer? We all love summer and it’s definitely true you can feel the collective mood of the nation rising as the sun starts to rise a little earlier each morning.
I have a new series for you today to inspire you to make summer 18/19 your best yet. We all know summer is going to be good … because … summer! And I have some top tips that I will share with you over a series of weeks to amp it up to the max with your wellbeing in mind. A little extra planning and reflection now will go a really long way to making this your best summer to date.
1. Summer by design, not by default
If summer 2018/19 is to be your most fun, most connected, most energising yet, it’s unlikely to happen by accident. We are still far enough out on the run-up to give you time to make great decisions that will affect the ease and enjoyment of your whole summer. Spend a little time planning by using these questions:
- What was great about previous summers that you absolutely want to do again this year?
- What are the three things that would thrill you to have happen this summer?
- What three new activities or occasions do you absolutely want to include this summer?
- What did you feel you might have missed out on last year? What could have been better?
- What, be honest now, is getting kinda boring doing summer after summer? What are you ready to stop or switch up?
- Where are you getting pulled into other people’s summer agenda in a way that really doesn’t work for you?
- What are your favourite summer traditions? Is there anyone additional you want to include, or a way you want to put a twist on or expand your summer tradition?
Making the most of our precious months of glorious weather and squeezing the maximum juice out of the summer means investing in a generous sprinkle of planning. Planning might not sound sexy but the results sure are, when you get the summer you want and deserve — by design, not by default.
Life coach Louise Thompson helps people unlock their happiest and healthiest life. Find more at louisethompson.com