Louise Thompson: 7 things I have learned from coaching thousands of smart people
7 things I have learned from coaching thousands of smart people
1. Something bad has happened to pretty much everybody at some point. Everyone has a thing that will make you feel lucky to have not gone through it yourself, and will put some of your own stuff into sharp perspective. Even the “glidey girls” who look like they have life on lock have gone through tough stuff too. Everyone has a thing.
2. The ability of the human spirit to rise is almost limitless. The ability to go through and come out the other side is built in. We are programmed to transcend. Even if we think we are not, we are. If you are in a tough situation right now — keep going. You’ve got this.
3. Sticking in a job that sucks your soul is never worth it long-term. Short-term, yes, you sometimes have to be pragmatic. A lifetime? No.
4. Every problem has a solution. It might not be a solution you like or would wish for but there is a solution! If there is no solution, then you are not wresting with a problem, you are wresting with a fact. That means you are going to lose. Accept it and push forwards however you can.
5. We all spend far too much time worrying about what other people think about us, and it defines way too many of our choices. Your opinion about yourself is far more valuable than anyone else’s. Work on enhancing that first.
6. When you make positive choices in the right direction it’s astonishing how quickly all sorts of unanticipated magical assistance will start coming your way. Happens without fail. Courage gets rewarded.
7. The story you tell about yourself, to yourself, defines your life. Tell a good story. Make sure you are the hero or heroine who prevails and shines.
Life coach Louise Thompson helps people unlock their happiest and healthiest life. Find more at louisethompson.com