4 Bites: Poke bowls
- Whisk 1½ Tbsp soy sauce with 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar and 1 tsp sesame oil. Add 1 tsp finely grated ginger, 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds and 1 thinly sliced spring onion.
- Cut 150g each of kingfish and tuna (or hapuku or kahawai) into cubes. Toss through the marinade and chill for 1 hour.
- Arrange 2-3 bowls with a generous scoop of cooked rice, marinated fish, edamame beans (blanched and refreshed), diced mango and thinly sliced cucumber. Top with crushed macadamia nuts and furikake (or crumbled toasted nori and sesame seeds). Get the recipe
- Whisk the zest and juice of 1 lime (or lemon) with 1 crushed garlic clove, a small piece finely grated ginger, 1 Tbsp sweet chilli or sriracha sauce, 1 Tbsp walnut or sesame oil, 1 tsp kecap manis or soy and a splash of fish sauce.
- Finely slice a large handful of shiitake mushrooms and toss through marinade. Carefully cut 1 block of soft tofu into even cubes, gently remove to a container, pour over mushroom mix and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Arrange 2-3 bowls with cooked brown rice, marinated mushroom and tofu mix, diced cucumber (or sugar snaps), orange segments and sliced spring onion. Top with sesame seeds, red chilli threads, mint leaves and a drizzle of the marinade. Get the recipe
- Cut a large fillet of white fish (approx. 300g) into even strips. Add the zest and juice of 1 large juicy lemon and chill 1 hour to allow the juice to “cook” the fish. Drain the fish, add 200g cooked shrimps or prawns and season lightly with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange 2-3 bowls with matcha sushi rice (add 1-2 tsp green tea powder to cooking process), fish salad, raw courgette or carrot noodles or thin strips, chunks of avocado and chopped spring onion.
- Top with micro greens, coriander leaves, sesame seeds and a drizzle of sauce (mix 3 Tbsp mayo, 1 Tbsp sour cream, 1-2 Tbsp sriracha sauce and the juice of ½ lemon). Get the recipe
- For the marinade, whisk 1 tsp each of sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy, honey and sriracha sauce with the zest and juice of ½ lime. Slather all over a 200-250g skin-on salmon fillet and leave to marinate 30-40 minutes.
- Grill salmon skin-side-down until just cooked then cool, reserving the oil. Peel the skin and return it to the grill until it’s nice and crispy. Cool and crumble.
- Arrange 2-3 bowls with sushi rice, flaked chunks of salmon, cooked and shredded kale (we mixed ours with the salmon oil) and finely sliced radish and red onion.
- Top with pomegranate and sesame seeds, a sprinkle of the fish skin and a drizzle of wasabi cream sauce (whisk 1-3 tsp wasabi powder into 2 Tbsp sour cream, 1 Tbsp mayo and a splash of rice wine vinegar). Get the recipe